Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
The successful candidate will provide administrative support for the engineering organization. Responsibilities include scheduling, coordination of meetings & conferences, communication & presentations, ordering equipment & supplies, booking travel, and working on / managing special projects. He/She will also answer non-routine correspondence and assemble & analyze highly confidential and sensitive information. Will interact with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Creates and develops visual presentations and newsletters.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as other Directors, Vice Presidents, and Senior Managers. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the Director, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Analyzes and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Prepares check requests and sending to accounts payable travel reimbursement, documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Order material and supplies needed for projects, some of which may require an understanding of import/export regulations. SAP or similar business system experience preferred.
- Develop and maintain SharePoint web sites for internal business needs.
- Assist with new employee office setup and orientation.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 5 years direct experience supporting a manager or department of 20 or more people simultaneously in a technical organization is preferred.
- Fluent with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Excellent communication skills, professionalism, and ability to thrive in ever changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new applications/systems
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work with a broad range of internal and external customer
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize well
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).