Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is looking for an innovative engineer to join our global embedded software organization based in Cleveland, Ohio. In this role, you will have the opportunity to solve highly complex technical problems, and to grow into a software architect or manager role.
- Develop safety- and security-critical embedded software for new Programmable Logic Controllers
- Work in a variety of hardware and software environments, ranging from commercial off-the-shelf to custom System on Chip architectures, and from general purpose to embedded real-time operating systems
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to participate as a member of an agile team
- Implement low-level / hardware facing software, rapid prototype and perform hardware bring-up with technical guidance from senior engineering personnel
- Participate in all aspects of the embedded software quality process, including design and code review, and developing unit and functional testware
- Bachelor's degree completed by start date
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience programming in an object-oriented language such as C++
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Prior internship or co-op experience in a related position, or equivalent undergraduate research or club involvement
- Experience developing software for embedded systems, especially using an embedded RTOS or Linux
- Experience debugging software systems using either an on-chip debugger, or a software based debugger such as GDB
- Experience developing software using a scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity using compilers and toolchains targeting ARM and Intel processors
- Advanced coursework related to software engineering, embedded systems, operating systems, or computer architecture
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).