Carlsbad Department of Development
The Carlsbad Department of Development (CDOD), a dynamic 501 C(6) economic development organization that promotes growth in Carlsbad & Eddy County, NM, is now accepting applications for Local Development Coordinator (LDC) position.
LDC responsibilities include recruitment of both housing developments & workforce, community planning & business retention/expansion for our service area. The LDC also gathers economic & demographic data to support housing development & local business expansion projects in service area and prepares reports for target industries and agencies.
LDC works with both the city and county’s planning departments, and local college to attract residential developments
& develop the workforce in community. Other duties include monthly reporting to Board of Directors, updating of social media accounts & web site, and participation in job fairs. Some travel will be required to promote area’s job opportunities
& housing needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Public or Business Administration, Marketing, Planning, or related field) OR a combination of education.
- + 4 years of increasingly responsible work experience in workforce recruitment/development, residential real estate, economics, marketing are required.
- Successful candidate will display outstanding character, integrity, professionalism and be team-oriented.
- Proficiency in MS Office and var. graphics presentation applications is important.
- Social media and face-to-face communications & marketing skills, as well as experience with local government P & Z issues are desirable.
- Must be ready to “hit the ground running” and be outgoing, energetic, friendly, and organized.
Base Salary: $54K plus full benefits package.
Closing Date: Until Filled
Click apply to submit letter of interest, resume, and list of work-related references.