Provides expert direct care to patients, families and family systems; provides teaching, evaluation, assessment and counseling to patients and families as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs mental health assessments and provides thorough documentation.
- Develops treatment plans consistent with best practices and assists in providing referral to most appropriate level of care. Assists in securing inpatient psychiatric treatment and insurance authorizations as needed.
- Functions as an expert clinical resource to nursing and medical staff; coordinates the care of patients in need of psychiatric treatment.
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to effect continuous improvement in the delivery of family-centered patient care.
- Accepts and discharges additional responsibilities as needed and required to meet service line and organizational objectives.
- If serving as a bilingual/multilingual interpreter, certification in Medical Interpretation is required to perform the duties of a qualified interpreter.
- Graduation from a masters level clinical program
- One year of clinical experience with demonstrated clinical diagnostic competency.
- Maryland license LCSW-C or LCPC
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.