Sr. Machine Shop Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 18, 2021
Role Number: 200232022
Is prototyping your passion? Do you enjoy managing high performing teams? Does inspiring change get you excited? Come join us and motivate our team of machinists to build prototypes and manufacture high quality parts for Apple! We operate in a safe manner while achieving team performance goals like Quality, Safety and Capacity Utilization.
- Hire, train, develop and inspire a team of leaders that are responsible for the daily operations to achieve key performance indicators
- Drive team building and cross functional collaboration for daily operational objectives as well as strategic direction changes for the team
- Facilitate collaboration with customers and internal teams to in order to achieve established lead time and quality goals
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities in both process and people oriented activities
- Lead diversity initiatives and promote inclusive behaviors across shop operations
- Provide personnel development plans, give feedback on performance and administer annual reviews and compensation plans with directs and their teams
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze data and develop action plans for improvements. Review, educate and monitor ongoing cell performance to goals with subordinate teams.
- Compose and deliver presentations with concise messaging and clear proposals for all levels of the organization
- Lead creative problem solving and troubleshooting activities for failures and other improvement opportunities
- Develop delegation and succession plans for your team
- Proven capability to develop and execute a project plan across departmental boundaries including delegation and follow up accountability for deliverables
- Assist in developing and communicating shop goals. Work with teams to create plans for achieving and improving in targeted areas.
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing teams. Direct experience managing prototyping, machining or manufacturing preferred. - Experience with Machining (Mill, Lathe, EDM Sinker, EDM Wire) strongly preferred. - Knowledge of CAD/CAM software such as NX, Cimatron, Esprit, Hypermill preferred - Knowledge of Laser prototyping capabilities and options is beneficial - Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing preferred - Proficient in the use of personal computers and the suite of pages/numbers/keynote to perform daily work - Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction - Strong demonstrated experience in managing change with teams and development of other leaders in continuous improvement methodologies - The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Operations, or related fields