Product Manager, Payments Platform
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 18, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200230456
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gravitate in order to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! The Payments Platform team is looking for a dynamic Product Manager to define and drive new product initiatives that allow customers worldwide to easily make secure purchases in stores, in apps and on the web. In this role, you will work on both traditional and new payment methods/flows. You will closely collaborate with Engineering, Business Development, Legal, and many other teams across Apple. You should combine technical fluency, a strong sense of user experience, tact and business insight. You should have phenomenal presentation abilities and the ability to drive an impactful vision and requirements that rally the team and delight customers. This is a full-time role located in our New York, NY offices.
- 5+ years of experience in payments product management (merchant/acquiring).
- Passionate about user experience.
- Strong technical background, ability to dive into the technical details is required.
- Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills.
- Be able to work independently, anticipating and resolving problems.
- Self-motivated and dedicated with proven creative/critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Apple products.
- Payments experience is a plus.
Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop strategic product and feature roadmaps. Be the internal evangelist, build consensus with executives, colleagues, and third parties. Define detailed use cases intended for engineering and design. Represent business interests during design and development phases. Work with program management to communicate project status, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time. Develop launch plans, ensure readiness of the various stakeholders. Measure and report on the efficacy of initiatives and develop action plans accordingly.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Business or Computer Science required. MBA preferred.