Data Scientist - Media Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 28, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200202797
Do you get excited by driving product impact via measurement and evaluation, for products and services used by hundreds of millions of people globally?!! Our team powers the streaming media experiences on all of Apple's platforms (iPhones/iPads, Apple TV, Apple Watch and macOS) by building on core technologies and frameworks such as Core Media and AVFoundation. You will partner with Big Data Engineers, Software Engineers and other Data Scientist to use data to drive performance, bring new features and overall help develop the best Audio / Video experience for our users.
- Experience articulating and translating questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Data-querying skills (SQL and/or Spark, etc.)
- Experience with a scripting language for data processing and development (e.g., Python, R, or Scala)
- Expertise with statistical data analysis, multivariate analysis AB teting & sampling methods
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and curious with proven critical thinking capabilities and an ability to work with ambiguity.
As a data scientist you will evaluate and help to improve Media Technology frameworks! You will collaborate with a team of engineers and cross-functional product leaders to bring analytics rigor and statistical methods to ensure phenomenal product quality and amazing user experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in a quantitative field (Statistics, Operational Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computer Science, Sociology, Mathematics, Physics, or similar quantitative field) or equivalent practical experience.
- Nice to have but not required:
- Understanding of Machine Learning algorithms, including regression, clustering, classification and neural networks
- Software development experience in C, C++, ObjC or Swift