Perform general repair and maintenance duties in regard to carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, flooring, HVAC. Checks and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipes, valves, toilets, sinks, and drains. Performs preventative maintenance in regards to plumbing, electrical, furniture, doors, windows, hardware, HVAC, and repairs as necessary. Reports malfunctioning or dangerous equipment. Repairs when able to do so.
* Keep building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
* Performs ground maintenance duties as needed (i.e. snow removal, grass mowing, etc.).
* Shovels walk ways, plows parking lots, ensures walkways are free of ice and applies salt as needed prior to daily program starting.
* Monitors heat and ventilation systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water and electricity, and reports concerns to Fond du Lac Director of Facilities Management and Division Director.
* Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
* Checks and monitors fire and safety equipment monthly (i.e. fire extinguishers, fire drill, lock down drill)
* Daily safety checks of playground equipment.
The following highlighted duties will be the responsibility of the custodian and when custodian is out, the maintenance person will cover these duties.
o Cleans classrooms and children's bathroom daily, sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, etc.
o Cleans corridors and office area after school each day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
o Scrubs, damp mops, and disinfect toilets and floors daily, and clean all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
o Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently as necessary.
o Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
* Makes such minor repairs, as he/she is capable of, reports major repairs needed to the Division Director.
* Maintain on a regular schedule on all motors and other mechanical equipment requiring scheduled servicing with Fond du Lac Facilities Management Director.
* Remains on the school premises during school hours, and during non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and the Division Director requires his/her attendance.
* Keeps inventory of supplies, equipment and orders as necessary in accordance with the maintenance budget.
* Conducts ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair.
* Moves furniture or equipment within the building as required for various activities as directed by the Division Director.
* Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, waste, flammable and other dangerous materials in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
* Determine needs for annual budget and submits to the Division Director by March 1st of each year.
* Maintains monthly maintenance budget.
* Assist with self-assessment of the "Environmental Health Standards".
* Is responsible for development and implementation of the Head Start Performance Standards relating to facilities, materials, and equipment.
* Appropriate work attire required.
* Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
* Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees and/or clients.
* Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
* Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
* Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
* Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
* Maintains a clean and organized work area.
* Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
* Working knowledge of motors, pumps, and HVAC, plumbing, electric, carpentry and furniture repairs are required.
* Skills with hand and power tools are required.
* Thorough knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment is required.
* Ability to operate floor care equipment is required.
* Ability to run snow removal and garden equipment. (plow truck, skid steer, snow blower, tiller etc.
* Knowledge of preventative maintenance requirements for a wide variety of equipment and systems is required.
* Position requires on call availability.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
* Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
* Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
* Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
* Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation's Personnel Policies.
* Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
* Travel is required
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required.
* Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling are required.
* Ability to pass bi-annual physical examination.
* Manual dexterity is required.
Application deadline: April 2, 2021.
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
Apply to: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720
Apply online at www.fdlrez.com (or click on the ''apply'' button)
Phone: 218-878-2653; Fax: 218-878-2683
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE