Lead Data Analyst
PHEAA is a nonprofit student aid organization that holds a mission of providing affordable access to higher education.
Give back tomorrow by joining us today!
The Lead Data Analyst is responsible for the support, administration, and development of data across the enterprise. This position is responsible for ensuring data quality and maintaining standards to ensure consistency. Additionally, this role works closely with leaders across the organization to improve the quality of data.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Shift: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Data Management & Data Requirements
- Review customer data requirements and document into technical requirements using agile methodologies.
- Create and maintain conceptual data models conforming to the enterprise standards.
- Review and monitor data quality, meeting standards for ingestion into the data models.
- Maintain the data lake meta data catalog.
- Collect, create, and maintain data flow diagrams.
- Provide work item status updates to the Director of Data & Analytics.
- Work directly with key stakeholders and subject matter experts (SME) for project and/or support items.
- Collaborate, envision, and design business metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with key stakeholders and SME's.
- Create and maintain metric and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) library.
- Work with the Director of Data & Analytics and key stakeholders to create and maintain a data governance process.
Methodology and Standards
- Lead additional data analysts as needed and provide guidance and standards for all data analysts.
- Collaborate with others to socialize data management and data requirements, standards, and processes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Remain current on industry specific knowledge and emerging technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Finance preferred; 10+ years of Information Technology (IT)-related experience; or the equivalent combination of knowledge, training, certifications and/or experience.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of data structures for reporting and analytics.
- Proven ability to delivery enterprise class technical requirements and documentation.
- Experience with two or more business intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau, Cognos, MicroStrategy, SAS, Business Objects, Qlikview, PowerBI).
- Proficient in the use of data modelling tools (i.e. ERStudio, ERWin, ODDM)
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- An understanding of ETL technologies.
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, the federal government requires applicants to possess U.S. citizenship. In light of this federal government requirement, PHEAA will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Business Intelligence & Rpting
Monday through Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM