Job Requisition / Position Description
Job Title: Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt / Full-Time
Triton Submarines, LLC is committed to producing the best deep-diving submersibles on the planet. Triton submersibles are designed, tested and certified to the most rigorous safety standards. They are built from the finest materials and our clients enjoy after-sales service and technical support from the world’s most experienced operations team.
Summary of Position:
The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor will answer to the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for all aspects of the shipping and receiving functions. This includes, but not limited to, maintaining accurate records of all inbound and outbound shipments, working with domestic and international shipping companies (UPS/FedEx) to move product, be trained in and work with Tritons MRP Inventory system, help on production floor when called upon and make local deliveries as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in MRP Inventory system daily and maintain accurate records
- Ship items both domestically and internationally at best cost and delivery schedules
- Liaison with accounting department for both collection of packing slips and invoicing issues
- Hands on as needed for kitting parts, counting and maintaining inventory
- Place low dollar purchase awards as directed by Purchasing Manager
- Maintain, update and review databases and Bills of Materials as required for accurate reporting
- Local pick-ups and drops off via company transportation as required
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, where applicable:
- Previous experience in a Shipping and Receiving environment as a supervisor
- Ability to learn and understand an MRP data base system
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Basic knowledge of UPS/FEDEX online software
- Basic skill of reading manufacturing drawings for reference only
- Good organizational skills to plan work effectively and maintain accurate records and files
- Must hold of a “clean” FL. driving license
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to successfully integrate into a team and collaborate with others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- High level energy, willing to do what’s needed and help others
- Strong analytical mindset with a high degree of common sense.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to respond to change quickly
- Ability to lift objects over 25lbs
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Proof of United States Citizenship or Right-to-Work in United States
Resumes should be submitted via email at the link on this site!
Triton is a Drugfree Workplace.
All candidates are subject to background checks.