Sales Associate - Eastern Region
Benjamin Moore & Co. is currently looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our team as a Sales Associate for our Eastern Region. This is a great opportunity to begin your career by developing your sales experience with a high-energy team, and become part of an iconic and growing Berkshire Hathaway family brand.
You will participate in an exciting program that exemplifies our commitment to have the best, most customer-centric sales force in the business. In this role, you will develop expert knowledge and skills about our products, programs and services. Our Sales Associate role is a stepping stone for you to be a part of the new generation of sales talent here at Benjamin Moore, and will ultimately prepare you to move up into a Territory Sales Representative role. The ideal candidate will need to be willing and able to relocate within a designated region once a Territory Representative role becomes available.
What You’ll Do as a Sales Associate:
- Attend internal and external product and sales training
- Learn all aspects of the paint and coatings industry by working alongside professionals in R&D, Marketing, Sales Operations, Manufacturing & Distribution, Color and Design, and independent retailer locations
- Participate in market-wide selling events and professional networking events
- Apply paints and coatings to various substrates and learn how to diagnose and troubleshoot product performance issues
- Support Territory Reps in meeting their sales goals by calling on lower-volume customers to sell in products and programs
- Support Training Team by assisting in architectural and industrial product training
- Be a true Brand Ambassador by living the Benjamin Moore vision and values
What You Bring to the Table:
- Very strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Excellent relationship management and team interaction skills
- Friendly, outgoing, confident and enthusiastic
- Self-starter, committed to the task and independent worker
- Demonstrated passion for servicing customers and creating solutions
- Comfortable speaking in front of small to medium sized groups in a professional setting
- Aptitude for acquiring sales skills and product knowledge
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook); position will require that the candidate learn to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to building a career path
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications:
- Able and willing to relocate within a designated region, to be identified at time of interview
- Must be available for up to 75% travel, sometimes overnight, to attend training and other events
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- A four-year college degree preferred, or a combination of college and customer-facing work experience
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or French a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay package inclusive of a base salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous paid time off program
- Company car, laptop and cell phone
- Comprehensive sales and product training
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.