Biomechanics Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 20, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200231270
Are you passionate about customer experience and perfecting the small details that make it phenomenal? Do you thrive with solving hard problems by coming up with creative solutions? We are the Product Systems Quality (PSQ) team, and we are looking for an engineer with a background in (Bioengineering, Computer Engineering, or Mechatronics) who can play a meaningful role at researching, testing, and validating technologies in the wearables space from a customer standpoint. Come join our team and contribute to the development of some of our most magical products!
- Passionate about customer experience and has a proven ability of approaching Engineering problems from a purely customer oriented approach
- Ability to study experiences and identify sophisticated scenarios that may affect subsets of a broad user base
- Knowledge of qualitative & quantitative techniques in quality assessment and user research
- Familiarity with the following Biomechanics Tools: 3D motion capture, inertial measurement unit (IMU), electromyography (EMG)
- Ready to dive deep into technical areas when needed but also demonstrate these topics to a non-technical audience
- Cross Functional and Executive presence: Ability to communicate scientific findings in a concise and impactful manner, and tie them back to product quality.
This is a hands-on interdisciplinary role that require you to be versatile across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative and constantly evolving environment. You will be responsible for considering product use cases, framing research questions, running human studies, interpreting results, and driving the top issues to resolution. You are expected to apply a mix of technical and creative approaches to identifying challenging areas that impacts the overall customer experience, satisfaction, and comfort using our products. You will work closely with other engineers and designers to study novel and custom instrumentations and enable quantitative measurements of quality. In conducting human studies, you will capture quantitative biomechanics data while also gauging subjective feedback. You need to be highly skilled in data collection, analysis, and interpretation. An in-depth understanding of and broad appreciation for physics and human biology is a must-have.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Mechatronics, Biomechatronics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Prosthetics engineering, Human Computer Interaction OR equivalent degree.
- - Prior experience working in the prosthetic industry is highly preferred
- - Experience collaborating with designers and engineers
- - The ability to dynamically adapt research methods based on technical feasibility is highly preferable.
- - Software: Matlab, LabVIEW, JMP, Python, NumPy, Pandas, Tableau, OpenSim.
- - Previous experience in design/construction/testing of apparel, wearables, exoskeletons and robotic systems is a plus
- - An interest and passion in building apps using Apple's Frameworks (UIKit, Camera and ARKit, RealityKit, HealthKit) is beneficial but not required.