VP of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
Buffalo, NY, US
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1148
POSITION TITLE: Vice President of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for overseeing the establishment and operation of manufacturing facilities in Asia (specifically, Vietnam) that will manufacture adjustable sleep systems, mattresses and adjustable bed foundations, and for developing and managing supply chain in Asia (Vietnam, China and Taiwan). Employee will directly report to the Chief Executive Officer, will have supervisory duties over 5 employees, and will work closely with product development, technical design, quality, logistics and other cross-functional teams.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Planning and Management (40%):
• Oversee the establishment of one or more manufacturing facility in Vietnam;
• Plan, direct and oversee implementation of all manufacturing activities in Asia;
• Supervise production managers at affiliated manufacturing facilities in Asia;
• Establish and implement long-term and short-term policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for the manufacturing functions;
• Research industry best practices and new sources of manufacturing to ensure continual process improvement and long-term vision;
• Oversee and approve acquisition of new capital equipment.
2. Supply Chain Management (40%):
• Define and recommend objectives in each area of Asian supply chain operations;
• Identify key suppliers and build the brand sourcing and supplier strategy in Vietnam, China and Taiwan;
• Establish and maintain relationships with key suppliers;
• Ensure suppliers are aligned on best practices that support employer’s cost management, product quality, and delivery requirements;
• Communicate product pipeline, vision, purpose, and process to suppliers;
• Participate in high level business and technical negotiations, as necessary;
• Visit suppliers to determine manufacturing capability and ensure the products meet U.S. safety, quality and design standards.
3. Financial and Budgetary (15%):
• Develop and oversee budgets related to manufacturing and production efforts in Asia; review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas requiring cost reduction and program improvement;
• Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund Asian operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency;
• Review and approve cost control reports, cost estimates, and manpower and facilities requirements forecasts;
• Present monthly/quarterly/annual reports as requested by the CEO.
4. Manage staff, prepare work schedules and assign specific duties (5%).
SUPERVISOR FOR THE POSITION: CEO
• Bachelor’s Degree in International Studies and Management, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years of related progressive management experience.
• At least 5 years of managing manufacturing operations in Asia (e.g., Vietnam, China, Taiwan).
• At least 2 years of managing or overseeing manufacturing operations in Vietnam.
• Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: frequently travel, both domestically and internationally as needed, up to 50% of the time, to affiliated manufacturing facilities, strategic partners, suppliers, vendors and customers.
HOW TO APPLY: Fax resumes to HR at (248) 409-5657 or by Clicking on “Apply.