Location: Whitestown - Indiana
Responsible for optimizing the daily flow of material through warehouse and logistical operations. Will work in a cooperative effort with Management and 3PL partners in providing the necessary assistance with associates to achieve required end results.
Performs end to end continuous improvement projects throughout the facility. Analyze data and review current state processes, perform time studies, and identify gaps and opportunities for efficiency gains. Maintain and update work instructions, SOP's, and metrics as required. Design and help train and implement process change management in functional areas.
- Create and drive process improvements, identifying compliance to customer service standards and strategies for consistent, repeatable, and flawless execution within the warehouse core functional areas.
- Reduce start-up time
- Remove non-value-added activities (waste elimination and workload balancing)
- Root Cause Analysis (Utilize DMAIC)
- Understand risk mitigation practices, value stream mapping, and understand both upstream and downstream operational and systematic impact to processes.
- Assure methods and operations are compliant with Rockwell Automation Policies, carrier requirements, and legal standards.
- Coordinate assigned personnel within different functions. Assure that all people receive proper training on the job, with safety procedures, hazardous materials, ISO 9001 requirements, and timely company issues.
- Champion 5S and visual management throughout the DC.
- Implement Continuous Improvement initiatives to streamline processes that are most efficient and sustainable.
- Partner with 3PL to lead project teams, provide guidance, training, and support.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of appropriate metrics for the Continuous Improvement projects of the DC.
- Responsible for directing daily activities with little to no supervision.
- Assist in other areas on an as needed basis. (inbound, quality, outbound, inventory, etc.)
- Perform special projects as assigned by manager. Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Responsible for utilizing proper quality techniques and safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Build safety practices into the processes.
- Build quality best practices into the processes.
- Build workplace organization and change management to culture.
- Must participate in and accomplish yearly objectives for personal and department improvement.
- Participate in ISO training, and all company and department policies and procedures.
- Act as role model for associates by demonstrating professionalism in following all procedures and policies.
- Participate in troubleshooting, analyzing, and correcting problems within team and DC.
- Maintain effective communications with all DC teams and management.
- Train and develop new team members and 3PL associates as required.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, 1S09001, 1S014000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily communications with internal team members.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments, internal and external customers, management, and 3pl partners
- Cross train in functional areas to provide support across all shifts in each area. May involve working various shifts to assure coverage on consistent basis.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates employees in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not
sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).