Senior Software Quality Manager, Ad Platforms
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200230791
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. We are a team of passionate scientists and technologists, dedicated to helping publishers and developers find their audience, and changing the way advertising works with data. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! This position will focus on making sure our advertising systems deliver relevant, performant ads at scale, with quality. As such, these are some of the key qualifications below.
- You have strong experience in integrated, end to end systems and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through people and across an organization, forming relationships, collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive and support automation test strategy implementation.
- Experience developing in Python or Java, familiar with databases, SQL, and scripting languages.
- Understanding of Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra.
- Practical understanding of modern machine learning and its components.
- You enjoy working closely with operational teams on deployment, monitoring, and management concerns.
- Experience managing the performance of a team reporting to you, and take ownership to drive positive outcomes!
We are looking for an exceptional hands-on quality manager who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include managing the quality of a high performant ad serving system, and for machine learning backend systems. The position also involves developing a keen understanding of the ad network behavior; helping to build next generation of quality frameworks that can analyze data at scale. You will be accountable for overall design and implementation of testing strategies, review testing infrastructure and data to ensure proper validation of code. You will need to assess and communicate risks based on product complexity, resource and/or timeline constraints.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years experience managing a quality engineering team.