Senior Software Engineer, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200231895
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Serving and ML team designs and builds best of breed systems for dealing with our complex and ever-growing platform needs that help deliver highly optimized advertising content to consumers. We are looking for a results-oriented and versatile leader who can excel in an Agile environment. You will work closely with data scientists, leading a team engineers to design, develop, and implement solutions, including leveraging open source, and building tools, frameworks, and components that will enable us to improve and scale our Serving and ML platform. The team is directly responsible for systems that are used by thousands of advertisers, publishers and developers and has high visibility in the mobile advertising space.
- 15 or more years of industry experience building scalable micro services and data driven platforms.
- Expertise in Machine Learning platforms and machine learning development life cycle such as FBLearner, MichelAngelo, and including ML ops, ML systems, Kubeflow or MLflow and ML inference systems.
- Expertise in object oriented software development with a deep understanding of scalable distributed systems like Kubernetes, Cassandra, Solr, Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop.
- Experience building AI/ML Platforms and A/B Testing is highly desired.
- Experience building and scaling systems both on premise and the cloud. Experience architecting for a hybrid cloud environment is highly desired.
- Strong technical leadership skill, thought-leadership, proven experience architecting, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed and critical services.
- Experience working on complex problems and systems where scalability and performance are very important (every millisecond counts).
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Prior experience in advertising industry is a huge plus.
- Prior experience Machine learning development is a plus, specially experience in Tensor flow and Pytorch.
ML Serving team is the backbone of Apple's Ad Platform. The team is responsible for bringing numerous features to advertisers and consumers while simultaneously supporting continuous experimentation by the Data Science team. As a key contributor to this team, you will manage, design and develop secure and scalable back-end systems. You will enjoy high-performing, elegant systems from the ground up, in close partnerships with various teams around you. You will also possess keen judgement in selecting technologies and building the right solution for the interesting challenges we get to tackle here. You will join and contribute to a culture that emphasizes understandability, reliability, resiliency, simplicity, reusability, extensibility, scalability, and productivity. We are one team, nurturing each other's growth and supporting each other in delivering for our customers and Apple.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in Computer Science, Data science or equivalent work experience is required.