Performance Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 22, 2021
Role Number: 200232873
Does making the next great technology product excite you? Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, our new insights have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our job and when you are a part of our team there's no telling what you could accomplish. The SoC Performance Verification is a critical job within Apple's Hardware Technology. Join this group and be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, we will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices!
- You are a well-rounded engineer in performance verification with a desire to take on diverse challenges.
- Advanced knowledge of CPU & SOC architecture and design.
- Strong SW programming skills and knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with scripting tools for data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with planning and execution of CPU / Memory controller/Media
- Performance test plan is a plus.
- Experience with emulation friendly transactor or model development, identifying
- and addressing simulation/emulation bottlenecks.
- Familiarity with verification environments and Verilog.
As a Performance Verification Engineer, you will verify the specified performance of the SOC implementation under key use case conditions. You will be at the heart of the chip design effort, working with all fields with critical impact in getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. Work closely with the design & micro-architecture teams, review specifications, develop test plans, define methodology & test benches to verify the performance goals. Develop C/C++/Assembly based tests or infrastructures targeting stressful scenarios to test the performance of the system. Develop analysis and data visualization tools from large set of regression results. Use RTL versus performance model correlation on simulation or emulation. Work independently to lead project goals and support multi-functional engineering efforts.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering