AppleCare Hardware Readiness Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Mar 23, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200229850
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare is Apple's premier Service and Support organization providing award winning technical support and product service to our global customer base. AppleCare Hardware readiness manager is responsible for managing business and technical aspects of iPhone product line for AppleCare, from product introduction to end-of-life. This role is highly complex in that it requires a strong blend of both technical knowledge and eye for business covering a wide variety of deliverables spanning across all of iPhone product space.
- 10 -15 years of industry work experience as a project?program manager in any one or more of the following areas: New Products, Program Management, Supply Chain Management (Service/Operations), Customer Support, Development or Service/Operations Engineering.
- Experienced leader with extensive management experience in running a large, diverse organization that interacts in a highly cross functional setting.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated experience presenting at all levels, from individual contributors to senior executives.
- Self-starter with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, and strong executional track record. Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively work with cross functional teams to understand requirements and identify design and engineering impacts.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
In this role, you will lead a team of Program Managers within the WW AppleCare Services - New Product Readiness organization with deliverables spanning all business areas of iPhone space. The team's deliverables can span from New Product launches, sustaining activities, service strategy, supply chain, costs, regulatory/compliance adherence, roll-out of technical/business/quality solutions to the field, Repair Extension and Safety Programs, investigations into new regions with the ultimate goal of rolling out service solutions to our customers in these new markets, etc. Overall responsibility to ensure all aspects of program launches for AppleCare product service & customer support are delivered in a timely manner. Primary representative of AppleCare (service & customer support) outside of AppleCare teams. Partners and influences Engineering, Operations, Marketing and Legal to realize opportunities and achieve successful implementations in the areas of product design, distribution methods, channel selection and communication strategy. Ability to present AppleCare program features, supply chain initiatives, materials/warranty return strategy and costs in a clear and concise manner to the most senior levels of inside and outside of AppleCare. Ability to convert engineering solutions into executable project plans. Develop and present compelling business cases and implement solutions that improve quality and cost. Understand key cost drivers and recommend options between competing strategies based on effective cost/benefit analysis. Use business and supply chain knowledge to analyze competing options. Evaluate field data and recommend & execute quality programs in support of our customers.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering is required with MBA is preferred. Equivalent experience is acceptable.