Operations Program Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Mar 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200232445
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to devote their very best to accomplish something big. Thriving for excellence is at our core. We are made up of dedicated and self-motivated individuals who strive to build the best possible products in the world. We truly believe that our customers should experience the same Apple no matter where they live and what language they speak. The AppleCare Imaging team are passionate about ensuring the highest quality of localizations. We work closely with a wide range of other teams including; AppleCare Digital, Contact Center, AppleCare Bangalore, Localization Production, Readiness Engineering, and Quality Management. We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas. In this role, you will be driving the operational side of the AppleCare imaging team. This includes the localization requests with imaging and multimedia requirements, as well as project management aspects such as scheduling, resourcing, and requirements management. You will also be acting as the multimedia subject matter specialist where needed.
- Deep understanding of image localization methodologies.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, being flexible and quickly adapting to changes.
- Possess a wide range of experience relevant to multimedia production including Adobe Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple multimedia and products, including hardware, software and services.
- Keen interest in the latest Apple software, including iOS 14, watchOS 7, and macOS Big Sur.
- Understanding of common customer support issues.
- Proven localization project management experience. Project scope analysis and scheduling skills are particularly crucial to this position.
- Comfortable working in the cross-functional team, effectively communicating the right information to the right people, and actively acquiring the information needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Organized with strong problem-solving abilities.
As a Program Manager (Imaging Operation Program Manager), you are expected to drive various projects upon demand, which may include, but are not limited to, system-to-system integration, content migration, test scripts development, troubleshooting of equipment setup, validations and demonstrating business intelligence to improve operational efficiency. You may also represent our team in pilot projects to test out new localization technologies. Day-to-day responsibilities include: Liaise with the Imaging Production Team Lead to manage image localization requests from project initiation to completion. Work with Bangalore and Austin teams on resource management and handle scope/schedule changes. Gather project requirements and reference files vital for image localization production. Align and support production teams in order to optimize the image localization process. Define and analyze risks and manage the associated action plans (costs/deadlines/quality). Provide technical mentorship and instructions to other team members for various projects. Facilitate knowledge sharing and onboarding training with Bangalore team. Drive and follow through on updates to the trouble shooting instructions, onboarding training documentation, tools, and account settings. Actively contribute to process improvement. Manage image archive for future leveraging of assets and answer queries from Bangalore team. Occasionally produce high-resolution Photoshop master images and gifs as needed. Participate in periodic status meetings and post-mortem with key partners as well as Localization Production Team.
Education & Experience
5-7 years experience in multimedia and technical project management or equivalent experience within a multimedia production team. 2+ years experience with multimedia QA, or related, preferred. BA or MA in localization, project management, or related field preferred.
- Experience-base knowledge on QA automation
- Hands-on experience in developing scripts for automation
- Understanding of software development & testing process
- Proficient in using CAT tools such as SDL WorldServer
- Ability to read/understand languages other than English