Location: United States of America (remote)
The Senior Remote Support Engineer will work with customers to resolve their application and product issues, which will allow the customer to maintain or improve their system. The engineer will join our Innovation Suite team where you will have the opportunity to work with leading FactoryTalk & ThingWorx technology across a range of industries. The engineer will create and publish knowledgebase articles, blogs, or videos for reference by customers and Rockwell Automation employees. This position requires self-initiative, ownership, excellent listening skills, motivation to provide exception customer service from inception to resolution for each issue, commercial sensitivity, responsiveness, collaboration, technical engineering expertise, and business acumen.
The engineer's primary responsibility is to provide technical support for the FactoryTalk Suite of products with a concentration on the IoT products. The engineer will also provide IoT Support Services to Developers, System Administrators, Field Consultants, and Engineers. In the majority of cases, this support will be provided via telephone. Support via email, or technical notes will also be required. The engineer may be asked to cover a shift after hours. The engineer will occasionally carry a weekend support phone to provide support for 24x7 customers.
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience providing technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging systems.
- Experience responding to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Experience reporting design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- Experience with customer installation and training.
- Experience with providing support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Experience with ThingWorx and FactoryTalk Suite
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).