Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
We're helping the world work better and people work smarter - and we're looking for the makers, the forward thinkers, and the problem solvers to make that happen. That's where you come in.
Our NA Sales team prioritizes our customers' needs and our employees' success. The position of Account Representative is crucial to our organization. On this team, you'll build and sustain deep and lasting relationships with the world's producers, and work in partnership with customers, OEMs, systems integrators and industry partners to solve unique challenges with the industry's most sophisticated automation technology.
Your days are never the same: every day, you'll grow your skills, expertise and career, with development opportunities that span industries and regions - all while working for an award-winning, ethical company recognized for its innovation.
The Team Lead - Account Representatives is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to achieve and exceed annual goals and objectives. This individual is accountable for the leadership of a sales team and managing the day to day sales of the assigned account package, including accountability for executing commercial programs and department projects while working closely with extended resources.
- Leads a team of Account Representatives, establishes and maintains relationships at assigned accounts and ensures effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Work with Account Representative Manager to implement new hire training/coaching process to ensure that all Account Representatives are prepared to perform job duties and all behaviors.
- Supports employee development by investing time and resources for both formal and informal training and executes development plans/opportunities for the team.
- Executes a Disciplined Sales Process with assigned accounts, account managers and distributors to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to achieve or exceed annual sales goals. Develops strategies and plans to create new opportunities through local and national marketing programs, target accounts and other activities that create demand.
- Owns the account strategy within the assigned accounts and communicates to the OEM, Channel and/or Industry teams on an account by account basis when appropriate.
- Establishes, executive level relationships within the customer base, and understands customer process and business model.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Dynamics Customer Relationship Management system.
- Analyzes local market information and provides ongoing local market intelligence, monthly sales activity reports, forecasting and ad-hoc feedback.
- Provides application knowledge and industry expertise and manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation's Insight Selling process.
- Qualifies customer opportunities and qualifies and coordinates the solution design.
- Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
- Engages the Rockwell Automation sales team and the leadership team, when required, to plan for and win opportunities.
- Obtains agreements and prices to support the proposal effort.
- Supports customer/internal program reviews and also the development of territory level Market Focus Plan.
- Sets and helps manage internal/external partner expectations.
- Provide support to Global Sales & Marketing Team, including GSM Leadership and other regional members of the sales team as needed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of training materials.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
What you'll do
- Talk to customers. You are the face of our company to our customers. How you communicate and work with them creates the positive experience that keeps them loyal. You will understand what drives their business. You will proactively resolve issues. You will make a difference.
- Make us all smarter. You will gather customer and business insights about your customer's organization and the industry and connect that insight to opportunities for us to offer comprehensive solutions.
- Plan and act. We have proven methodologies for qualifying customer opportunities, engaging resources and sharing insights - all the things that impact how a customer makes decisions (and why a customer will choose us).
- Collaborate and advise. You have access to one of the most skilled networks in the automation world, bright minds in Marketing that will help you deliver the right content at the right time to your stakeholders and decision makers.
- Influence customer purchases. That's the best part - through your knowledge, expertise and skills, you'll help a customer make the right buying decision.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4+ years of relevant equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- Ability to travel locally greater than 20% of time
- Legal authorization to work in the US. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an engineering, technical or operations discipline. Additional business-related degree/experience preferred.
- Typically requires 2+ years' experience in business-to-business engagement in manufacturing or software-related solutions
- Experience in B2B sales, specifically in OEM manufacturing and software-related solutions
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, MS Office)
- Experience with CRM applications (preferably Microsoft Dynamics) and Power BI dashboards
- Knowledge of industrial automation business and related product and service offerings
- Account Representative/Inside Sales and/or Branch/Area Sales Mgmt Level 2 - 5 years
- Demonstrated leadership, creativity, influence and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate using digital/social media platforms
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).