CARSON CITY TREASURER POSITION OPEN
Pursuant to NRS 245.170, the Carson City Board of Supervisors is accepting applications for the position, which will be filled by appointment by the Board of Supervisors. The term of this position will end in January 2023. (See NRS 245.170(1)(a)) The Office of the Treasurer will be placed on the general ballot in 2022 for a 4-year term. To be considered for appointment, the applicant must reside in and be a qualified elector of Carson City, Nevada. A qualified elector is a person over the age of 18 years that has actually, not constructively, resided in the state six months, and has resided in Carson City for thirty (30) days prior to the appointment. Provisions of the Constitution of the State of Nevada, Carson City Charter and applicable case law pertaining to term limits apply to this appointment. Nevada State law and the Carson City Municipal Code provide the duties and responsibilities of a County Treasurer. For questions regarding this elected position, please visit the Carson City Treasurer’s Office webpage at: https://www.carson.org/government/departments-g-z/treasurer or call (775) 887-2092.
Application Deadline: For full consideration, please complete and return the Application Packet by Friday, April 9, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply: Application Packets may be obtained from the Carson City website: www.carson.org or the Human Resources Department: 201 N. Carson St., Suite 4, Carson City, NV 89701, (775) 887-2103. Applications can be hand-delivered or e-mailed to:
Carson City Human Resources
201 N. Carson St., Suite 4
Carson City, NV 89701
Application Packet: Interested persons are invited to fill out an Application Packet. The Application Packet consists of the following:
- Carson City Treasurer Application
- Letter of Interest and Intent submitted by the applicant detailing experience, including but not limited to, experience and background which would support consideration of the applicant’s appointment.
- Resume with three (3) references.Note that the resume does not replace the Carson City Treasurer Application.Please do not include personal identifying information on the resume that the references do not wish to have released to the public.
- Waiver of Open Meeting Law Requirements regarding notice of intent to discuss character and competency.
- Acknowledgement and Release of Public Information.
Carson City is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application and Selection Process: The application and selection process will include the following:
- Completion and return of the Application Packet no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2021, which must include an e-mail address for all communications.
- All information provided in the Application Packet is considered to be public record and open to public inspection.Please do not include a social security number on any documents submitted.
- Applicants may withdraw their application from consideration at any time.Please note, however, that the Application Packet will be made available to the public immediately upon submittal to the Human Resources Department.
- Once an Application Packet is received, it will be posted on the City’s website at: www.carson.org.
- On April 15, 2021, the Board of Supervisors, at its regularly scheduled meeting, will consider taking action to narrow the applicant pool to a list of finalists.All applicants are invited to attend the meeting as the action by the Board of Supervisors to narrow the applicant pool to a list of finalists will be conducted in a public meeting.
- On May 6, 2021, the Board of Supervisors, at its regularly scheduled meeting, will conduct interviews and may make an appointment to the vacant Treasurer position.The Board of Supervisors will either administer the oath of office immediately after the appointment or set a date for administration of the oath of office.
- If an appointment is not made by the Board of Supervisors, the Board may, in its sole discretion, hold one or more additional meetings to consider applicants and to make the appointment for the vacant Treasurer position, which agendas will be posted in compliance with Nevada’s Open Meeting Law.
- The person appointed to the Treasurer position must be prepared to take the oath of office, file a bond and commence the duties of the position.
Questions: Questions should be directed to Melanie Bruketta, Human Resources Director at: (775) 283-7088.
Benefits: Benefits are determined by the Board of Supervisors and are subject to change. The benefits currently include:
- Employer paid Nevada PERS retirement
- No Social Security participation, but Medicare deduction required (1.45%)
- City paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Deferred Compensation
- Smartphone stipend