Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
Event Sales Leader
Ventures Events is seeking an experienced sales professional to help sell events. Ventures Events is an event production company specializing in delivering world-class events for the media industry and the communities they serve. We constantly strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories, and generate new revenue streams while leveraging our reputable and institutional brands. Our events inspire pride and progressive innovation throughout the ever-changing media industry, while still relying on core newspaper strengths our ability to create content, attract audiences, and bring powerful meaning to the lives of others. We are the industry leader in event production and execution from coast to coast.
Lead generation, proposal building, check in's with properties and clients, role play, in market calls with reps, monitor sales trackers for progress and identify areas needing help, create sales materials and revise for specific calls if necessary, help overcome objections, provide new ideas and ways to get more sales, make calls and sales on your own, help with renewal sales, ideas for sales incentives, work with managers and sales representatives both in market and over phone/email, perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Build and sustain relationships with Gannett Advertising teams - both management and reps;
- Assist with weekly/monthly calls with properties;
- Work with our Promotions team to collaborate fresh ideas for events;
- Offer sales assistance both in person and over the phone/email;
- Team environment - able to work well with diverse personalities and people;
- Self-initiator - ability to manage your own time and schedule both at home and on the road;
- Represent Ventures Events with professionalism both at the properties we work with and in front of clients across the country;
- Set an example of the industry's leader in events;
- During event season ability to work overtime and assist with event set up and execution;
- Facilitate and plan in-market visits along with set appointments before arrival;
- Assist with sales launches both virtual and in-market.
Skills and Experience
- Must have proven sales experience of at least 3 years that includes expo and event sales;
- Knowledge of Ventures Events is a plus;
- Must be able and willing to travel across the United States to identified markets for sales assistance;
- High-level attention to detail;
- Ideal candidate has an excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Position requires advanced knowledge of the media industry. Advanced knowledge specific to the newspaper industry is a plus;
- Exercise personal intellectual discretion and judgement while working with markets across the country with very little oversight;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside of the box are essential;
- Travel required. (*Ventures is currently executing virtual events only. Travel will become required upon the safe return of live events.)
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.