Performs routine radiographic procedures in accordance with established safety and quality standards and the special needs of the patient.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Processes radiographic films; verifies demographics and technical information; checks technical quality of films.
- Completes procedures while maintaining quality of work within an established time frame. Ensures all pertinent information is correctly displayed on images and paperwork.
- Constantly assess patient's condition and administers first aid as required; assists physicians in cases of adverse reactions or emergencies.
- Provides radiation protection to all patients in compliance with prescribed safety standards, attends required course in radiation safety.
- Confers with manager to recommend changes, report problems and provide feedback to improve patient care, technical quality, and clerical functions.
- Monitors supplies in assigned work area and notifies manager when shortages occur.
- Assures to stock assigned area during each shift and monitor expiration of time sensitive supplies and takes appropriate action when needed.
- Assists with the clinical educational of the rotating students. Assists manager in orienting new staff when needed.
- Other duties as assigned including billing, QA, etc.
- Maintains current license, CMEs and participates in various applicable educational activities as per regulatory/requirements.
Successful completion of a two-year radiological technology program in AMA approved education institution and current certification in diagnostic radiography by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART) required.
- Current certification in diagnostic radiography by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART).
- Current State of Maryland licensure is required.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.