Expert in Cisco based networking infrastructures and possess an advance knowledge of Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls and enhanced protocols. Additionally a strong knowledge of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure ACI software defined networking solution. Performs network management, design, support, and maintenance in a multi-site enterprise class environment. Plans day-to-day administration and support of WANs, LANs, VPNs, DMZs, Wireless networks, and software required to support Cisco networks. This includes performance monitoring, intrusion detection, firewall systems and security best practices to interface public and private networks, capacity planning for future growth, and upkeep of configuration documentation. Contributes to network-engineering projects and works closely with other IT engineering groups to ensure compliance with organizations goals and objectives of having an innovative, redundant infrastructure allowing for business continuance and disaster recovery.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Designs, operates and maintains networks, tracks all problems, proactively monitors performance and performs upgrades to hardware and software as required.
- Assists in maintaining documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records which depicts the physical and logical configuration of the network.
- Responds to trouble tickets and service request calls. Providing assistance and takes appropriate action; utilizing a variety of tools.
- Provides third tier network support in problem escalation process while mentoring and educating tiers one and two.
- Communicates with users in a timely manner to ensure problem resolution and take proactive measures to prevent recurrence.
- Installs and configures all necessary network devices to support the organizations business continuity/disaster recovery plan.
- Enters and tracks all trouble tickets and project work changes into trouble tracking application or project management application.
- Participates in long and short term technology planning and provides task management and technical support for special projects.
- Provides assistance with research and evaluation of proposed hardware and software modifications and upgrades.
- Attends classes, seminars, conferences and reviews professional literature to enhance knowledge of trends and developments related to WAN and LAN technologies.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred, or a combination of education, training, and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years direct technical network experience in an enterprise class network.
- Must have expert knowledge of Cisco based networking infrastructures and possess an advance knowledge of Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls and enhanced routing protocols.
- Strong understanding of implementing and troubleshooting various routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP) in a multi-layer switched/routed environment.
- Knowledge of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure ACI, Wireless networks and VoIP with ability to plan and implement multiple layers of security to support wireless infrastructure.
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written) and Customer Service Skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks. Ability to work individually or as a member of a team. Ability to work under pressure.
- Cisco CCNA (Preferred)
- Cisco CCNP (Preferred)
- Valid driver's license
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Medium duty
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.