Senior Quality Architect, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 23, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200233108
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. We are a team of passionate scientists and technologists, dedicated to helping publishers and developers find their audience, and changing the way advertising works with data. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! As an Architect, you will be given the responsibility of owning and driving the testing and automation strategy across the organization. Building, overseeing and automating the quality of few backend components for our system. This position will focus on making sure our advertising systems deliver relevant, performant ads at scale, with quality. As such, these are some of the key qualifications below. This position is located in Cupertino, California or Austin, Texas and will report directly to the Head of Quality Engineering.
- You have strong leadership skills, and demonstrated ability to achieve results through people and across an organization.
- You have a solid foundation in computer science, with proficiencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, and expertise in one of more programming languages (Python, Java, etc), REST and RESTful services, hands-on experience with Cloud (Public Cloud specific - AWS experience a PLUS).
- Experience with Automation test strategy, end-to-end systems, performance testing, and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build automation for multiple user experiences (Mobile, Desktop, Web, Tablet) as well as extensive API testing.
- Working experience utilizing Continuous Integration concepts and streamlined delivery of code.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build relationships, collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams within your area of responsibility.
We are looking for an outstanding quality architect who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will define and drive the overall quality strategy for our offerings. You will work closely with senior leadership to transform visions and roadmaps into reality, and represent the QE organization in Architecture forums across the BU and Apple! The position also involve setting the bar for automation code quality, by defining best practices and coding standards and implementation of testing strategies. You will also, champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical adviser. You will work closely with development, product managers, program managers and support teams.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS or PhD preferred. 10+ years in leadership roles. 15+years in quality roles. 10 years of development and/or test automation experience. Experience in network programming and/or developing/designing large software systems.