Client & Data Test Engineer
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200231185
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Experience writing user-level automation for devices (Apple HW and Third-Party HW) a plus
- Knowledge in SQL, CSS, HTML, JSON a plus
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka or other distributed systems a plus
- Results-oriented, persistent, and meticulous.
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle. Willingness to work cross-functionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
The Apple Media Products Analytics QA team is responsible for the Quality and integrity of the data collected and reported on customer experience data. Responsibilities include: writing test descriptions, performing functional and regression tests, writing test case automation while working closely with other teams. We are seeking Client-Data Test Engineers to contribute to product level validation as well as the backend validation of Apple Music Metrics on Apple HW and Third-Party HW. Provide metrics/backend validation testing for features delivered on iOS, macOS, Web and other operating systems Build QA test plans and cases with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles Build test management tools/utilities and enhance existing automation platforms Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop test plans, execute test plans and cases, and deliver high quality products Act as a strong advocate for quality in the software development process Identify gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggest necessary process improvements Self-motivated and must be able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete requirements Provide project managers with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver high quality products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience