ISE, System Experience - Software Incubation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 23, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200231106
We are a creative engineering team focused on building the future of software on Apple's devices. We take big, fuzzy ideas about what might be possible and turn them into concrete prototypes and livable software. We are passionate about exploring new ideas using whatever tools help us make something tangible. Most often, we choose to modify or extend Apple's existing software using Objective- C or Swift. But we're open to using the best tools that help us learn: design tools, prototyping apps, ML, etc. We are looking for a creative, learning-oriented engineer to come help us explore what the future could look like.
- Experience writing software for both macOS and iOS using Swift and Objective-C
- Able to deal with ambiguity, and a gut instinct for making things that will help bring clarity
- We often work on projects where we need to create something to help understand the objectives & boundaries
- A learning mentality and a willingness to try things that may fail. You should be able to learn from both success and failures
- A sense for effective design. If you have design training or design experience, even better
- Ability to communicate optimally with both technical and non-technical teams
Our team nurtures early-stage ideas into well-developed, usable experiences. For this big idea to work, is there a piece of experience that must feel great? Is there an enabling technology we need to build? Software is the tool we use most frequently to bring concepts to life on our devices. But we try to use the best tool for the job: anything that helps us see, touch, or feel an idea. We often work directly with other teams to use expertise from across the company, and share our work with others to find out what works and what doesn't. Gradually, those fuzzy notions turn into tangible, brand-new ideas that can lead the future of software on our devices. The products we build are part prototype, part proof of concept and part sales pitch, so communicating clearly and being able to empathize with other people's perspectives are key skills for our team. So is the ability to give and receive feedback.
Education & Experience
A BS/MS in Computer Science plus experience shipping software is ideal. If that's not your background, but you can show a strong track record of curiosity, making, and learning, we'd love to talk to you.