Carrier Technology Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200216278
Do you love pursuing big challenges that require outstandingly creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Carrier Technology Management team is growing. We are seeking an individual contributor with outstanding knowledge of cellular technologies and a passion for working multi-functionally who can excel in a partner management role.
- Deep knowledge of 3GPP cellular radio access technologies and protocols. 4G LTE experience crucial; 5G NR experience a plus
- Experience handling external partners, especially mobile network operators or cellular infrastructure vendors
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skill including Keynote presentations
- "Power user" proficiency with spreadsheets
- Willingness to travel is vital, including internationally
- Validated experience with TCP/IP and internet technologies
- Experienced with software development processes and tools; coding experience a plus
- Knowledge of build and release processes including bug tracking; iOS experience, preferred
- Project / program management experience
- An extensive toolkit: Unix, SQL, Python, scripting, etc.
The mission of the Carrier Technology Manager - Roadmap/Requirements is to ensure that the iPhone cellular feature roadmap aligns well with the ecosystem trajectory by driving cellular feature requirements from our mobile network operator partners into the impacted hardware and software programs. Additionally, the Carrier Technology Manager evangelizes the iPhone cellular feature roadmap on an outbound basis toward external partners, particularly mobile network operators, and functions as the go-to resource for Apple leadership and for internal multi-functional teams regarding all things carrier requirements and carrier roadmap. Key Responsibilities Collect, compile, and syndicate mobile network operator requirements and feature roadmap information. Keep various requirement and roadmap trackers and databases up-to-date. Act as the carrier roadmap DRI for assigned GEOs. Be ready with detailed, up-to-date information on network operator plans in order to support leadership and multi-functional teams at a moment's notice. Champion carrier requirements and drive internal partners in cellular software, hardware, and silicon engineering to ensure that carrier requirements are incorporated into iPhone designs. Support worldwide carriers and carrier account teams viz. iPhone cellular feature roadmap. Engage select carriers in long-term, deeply technical roadmap discussions
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- 10+ years of work experience in cellular technology such as for smartphone vendors, cellular chipset vendors, cellular infrastructure vendors, mobile network operators, test & measurement equipment vendors, etc.