Location: Munster - Indiana
The Rockwell Automation plant in Munster, Indiana is responsible for the remanufacturing Allen Bradley Industrial Automation and Power Control equipment. The Facilities and Safety Supervisor for the Munster Facility will be involved in supporting the daily indirect operations of the facility. This will include managing all internal activities and projects to maintain the operational readiness of the facility. This includes all contractor management and working with local or remote production project management to ensure the continued operation of the facility to meet production requirements. The Facilities and Safety Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating all new manufacturing process implementations as well as managing and implementing all safety polices as per Rockwell Automation corporate safety Policy. Prior experience in manufacturing or service-based production industries is desired. and a working knowledge of OHSA safety polices and safe work practices.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas
- Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including ergonomic/ safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
- As necessary coordinate and develop facility floor and workcell layouts to meet changing production requirements. This includes ergonomics assessment, power and safety requirements.
- Assisting in developing department capital and expense budgets
- Designs, installs and debugs tooling and new capital equipment
- Responsible for managing continuous improvement activities
- Coordinate all activities for facility subcontractors responsible for regular and emergency maintenance. This includes developing scope of work, quotations and proper costing of contractor activities.
- Coordinate and manage yearly safety and maintenance budgets for the facility.
- Conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment, and materials
- Evaluate, assess, and alter safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees
- Coordinate and execute all Management of Change activities in the facility to be in compliance with Corporate Safety and ISO Policy.
- Analyze accident reports and evaluate injury case studies based on available facts
- Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Track incident metrics and apply findings
- Oversee the applications for and receipt of necessary permits
- Lead injury and incident inquiries and evaluations
- 2 year Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering Technology or equivalent required
- 5+ years' facilities management, and/or safety management and direct experience in production manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, blue print reading skills, organizational skills, strong problem solving / critical thinking skills are required.
- Ability to supervise contractors and employees who design and develop projects, systems and processes. Responsible for ensuring the technical accuracy of their work and the reliability of their methods.
- Must have ability to work independently and be very efficient.
- History of progressive responsibility a plus
- Experience with CAD programs a plus
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- SAP knowledge and use is desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).