Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Houston - Texas
Location: Chicago - Illinois
The Sr. Engineer position will be part of Rockwell Automation's Global Solutions Business, which is focused on providing PlantPAx(R) process solutions to our customers in various industry verticals. The Sr. Engineer position is responsible for leading the development of network and virtual infrastructure deployment standards as it relates to the design, configuration and deployment of Rockwell Automation's PlantPAx(R) DCS. Additional responsibilities may include overall design, configuration, test and deployment of the process control system network and virtual infrastructure as member of the technologies engineering team supporting our project delivery teams.
The ideal candidate will bring knowledge of LAN / WAN networks, TCP / IP protocols, Cybersecurity and Network technologies, including the testing and on-site startup of those technologies. Additionally the ideal candidate will have experience in virtualization design and configuration.
Under the direction of the Technology Manager this position will be responsible for the following activities: Provide technical leadership for the delivery team for networks and cybersecurity. Develop and maintain standards documentation / manuals, reference architectures. Assist in maintaining virtual templates and support lab system maintenance; i.e. domain accounts, development image generation and development / lab software install.
In addition the Sr. Engineer position is responsible for supporting network and virtualization aspects of the projects assigned to them. Working in concert with the delivery teams Project Manager and Lead Project Engineer the Sr. Engineer will be responsible for completing the following project related tasks: Generate system architecture drawings, network component bill of materials, configure ESXi Servers, generate system images based off of templates, access and distribution layer switch programming & configuration and generating system documentation. The Sr. Engineer will also be responsible for the on-site commissioning of the network and virtualization infrastructure.
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or 8+ years of equivalent experience in the industrial automation space.
- 4 to 9 years of experience in designing and deploying network and virtual infrastructure in the industrial automation space.
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies.
- Experience configuring and deploying distribution and access layer managed switches.
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware; i.e. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Windows OS, vShpere client interface, Cisco CLI, Cisco Switches, Cisco and Dell Server hardware.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet customer project commitments.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments. Travel is typically 25%.
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are a plus.
- VMware VCA/VCP qualifications are a plus.
- ISA / IEC 62443 Certification is a plus.
- Experience developing Cyber Security standards around ISA-99 / IEC 62443 2-4 specifications.
- Experience installing and configuring vSphere ESXi host servers, vCenter server, Domain Controller servers, thin client management software and implementation of thin clients.
- Experience installing and configuring Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk(R) Software products.
- Knowledge and experience with Rockwell Automation's PlantPAx DCS.
- Knowledge and experience with Rockwell Automation ThinManager(R) Software.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).