Mechanical Product Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200233344
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what's considered feasible? The Apple is seeking an accomplished mechanical engineer to serve as a safety Finite Element Analysis engineer. In this role, you will help inform the design of critical safety systems. You will work in a highly cross-functional environment, promoting novel engineering solutions to ensure world class safety in our products.
- 10 or more years of experience in applying Finite Element Analysis to injury prevention. Experience with optimization software is a plus
- Knowledge of injury assessment techniques from other industries and a deep understanding of injury biomechanics.
- A history of driving projects through the entire development life-cycle
- Experience with empirical test setup, execution, and associated test instrumentation for conducting safety tests
- Superior communication skills, both spoken and written; strong teamwork skills, and ability to communicate across varied audiences
- Experience working with vendors and third-party bodies/agencies to develop, evaluate, validate, and qualify new designs or bring to commercialization.
This position will use Finite Element Analysis to develop safety strategies for future Apple products. You will develop new designs to meet existing safety standards and Apple specifications. You will run system level tests to demonstrate that our products meet safety targets.
Education & Experience
M.S./PhD in Mechanical / Biomedical / Industrial Engineering (or equivalent experience)