EASTCHESTER FIRE DISTRICT
SEEKS QUALIFIED LATERAL TRANSFERS LATERAL TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY
The Eastchester Fire District (“District”) is seeking qualified fire fighters who wish to transfer to the District from employment with a paid fire department. APPLICATION DEADLINE April 15, 2021
SALARY AND COMPENSATION INFORMATION
Per the collective bargaining agreement (“CBA”) between the District and IAFF, Local 916, below is the 2021 base salary schedule for fire fighters who are hired on or after January 1, 2020. The CBA between the District and IAFF, Local 916 contains additional compensation and benefits. Credit for prior service, if any, is to be determined.
Starting salary - $56,375.00
2nd Year - $65,087.50
3rd Year - $73,800.00
4th Year - $84,476.45
5th Year - $90,200.00 6th Year - $100,876.45
JOB DESCRIPTION From the Westchester County Civil Service Commission (“CSC”) Job Description: “This work is of a hazardous nature, involving responsibility for fire fighting and prevention, salvage and rescue operations and requires mental acuity and physical stamina in the performance of duties. Fire fighting and fire prevention duties are performed under the direct supervision of superior officers. Routine maintenance work and custodial work on the station house and equipment is performed under general supervision and inspected upon completion. Does related work as required.” See the Job Description for examples of the work required.
LATERAL TRANSFER APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Age: Minimum - 18 years of age.
- Education: Minimum - At the time of appointment, possession of either a high school diploma, a high school equivalency diploma issued by any state department, or a report from the United States armed forces certifying completion of the tests of general educational development, high school level. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Residency: Per the District’s residency policy, the successful applicant for the lateral transfer must currently reside in Westchester County, Putnam County, Rockland County, the Bronx, or the County of Fairfield, State of Connecticut.
- Prior Experience: Minimum - One year of experience with another paid fire department following completion of authorized training.
- Probation: The position is subject to a 52 week probationary period following appointment.
- Training Requirement: Minimum - Completion of authorized training course for Firefighter and receipt of the appropriate training certificate.
- Physical and Mental Examination: Candidates must pass qualifying medical and physical fitness screening tests consistent with NFPA 1582 standards, prior to appointment..
- Driver License: Minimum - Possession of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of New York at the time of appointment.
- References: Minimum – 2 references from the current employer.
- Job Application: A job application is required.
- Other: See Westchester County CSC Job Description for “Firefighter” https://humanresources.westchestergov.com/images/stories/jobspecslocal/f/firefighter.pdf
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse work force.
For more information and/or to apply for the position, please contact the Eastchester Fire District Board of Fire Commissioners at firstname.lastname@example.org.