Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Position Summary :
With this opportunity at Rockwell Automation, you will become an integral member on an incredible team tasked with supporting a highly automated, cutting-edge assembly line that utilizes the latest and greatest Rockwell Automation hardware and software. This position will be based in Milwaukee, WI, with frequent assignments in Mequon, WI. This position sets up and operates a variety of automatic or semi-automatic machines used in the production of the company's 100-C Contactor product. The Machine Operator works from electronic displays, process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by Technicians or Manager/Supervisor to perform production tasks and inspects operation against predetermined tolerances. Finally, the functions that this position will be supporting will be highly visible to Rockwell Automation executives and customers. The person filling this role needs to be comfortable working in a high visibility role and able to communicate effectively with team members and potential customers.
- Works with electronically-controlled processes.
- Troubleshoot, set up, and operate an automated assembly line with multiple machines and work stations.
- Prepares/refills feeders for use on machines; Counts materials and moves to production line.
- Follows established procedures on routine work and standard operating procedures.
- Frequently interacts with peers and customers (typically internal) to exchange or present factual information.
- Maintain machine and department cleanliness and organization.
- Perform product and machine quality checks, product repairs, and manual assembly.
- Manual packaging and preparation of finished goods for shipment to customers.
- Work independently and with a team of Machine Operators, Material Handlers, Technicians and Engineering in a proactive way that promotes timely information, idea exchange and continuous improvement.
- Engage and actively participate in problem solving, process improvements and team meetings while utilizing effective communication skills.
- May perform other duties as assigned such as material handling, tour readiness prep, physical inventory, parts sorting, and within standardized processes.
- Demonstrate proficiency of assigned tasks/duties/responsibilities required to achieve customer satisfaction, including but not limited to SAP and Factory Talk.
- Engage in and anticipate the activities necessary to meet the changing needs of the business, with the highest possible level of efficiency.
- Produces results in a product and / or service that conforms to valid specifications, is free of defects, strives to reduce variation of the process and adds value for our customers.
- Demonstrates understanding and supports company values, policies, and standards of business.
- Demonstrates responsibility to work safety, participates in 5S, and report / correct safety concerns.
- Creates an optimal work environment by establishing and maintaining positive and respectful work relationships.
- Ability to move and operate safely in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to operate fork truck and perform basic warehouse operations.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protection equipment including safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, mask, etc. as necessary per job function.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in manufacturing, preferrably automated.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and logical approach to analyses and problem solving techniques.
- Fork truck certified.
- Warehouse experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).