ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
We are currently hiring a Production Worker at our manufacturing facility in New Bedford, Massachusetts. As a Production Worker, you are a vital part of the operation and instrumental in achieving production goals and objectives that meet our customers’ critical needs in production specialty precision steel products.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting production by providing general labor in production areas and operating forklifts to move steel coils within the production process and various production areas.
In order to become successful and provide immediate impact, you will have to quickly come up to speed with ATI, our manufacturing departments and processes, and work collaboratively and effectively with many cross-functional teams, including other areas of production, maintenance, and engineering.
- Operate various production and mobile equipment to support and maintain plant operations.
- Support general maintenance and upkeep of equipment and other activities
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide production support to multiple areas as needed
- Follow all safety practices and rules to ensure equipment is operating in a safe manner
This role is Monday-Friday and a day shift. As part of our Union Production Team, you MUST be willing to work all shifts in our 24/7 operation to provide necessary coverage when needed.. Based on the need, overtime may be available including other shifts and weekends. As part of pre-employment, a skills aptitude and assessment will be required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of industrial, manufacturing or military experience or
- An Associate Degree in an electrical, mechanical, or engineering technology related curriculum
- Willing ability to work in a variety of production and operating units
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to work through challenges and work with teams to identify areas where we can improve efficiencies and effectiveness
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.