Engineering Program Manager - Large Displays
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 26, 2021
Role Number: 200234203
Apple is looking for a world-class Project Manager to join the Mac Display team. Display EPMs must be fearless organizers and excellent cross-functional leaders. You will help execute on schedules and be responsible for managing/communicating status and issues along the way. This position demands strengths in many areas, including mechanical, electrical, optical, operations and manufacturing. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation Mac display technologies. Are you ready to join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet? If so, apply today.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong engineering or technical background.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- You must be able to fit well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Lead cross-functional teams in optimizing display designs and solving issues related to the development of new Mac products. - Manage third party vendors, drive build execution, lead build readiness reviews, publish build reports and delivery schedules. - Prioritize/coordinate program needs with both internal and external partners. - Understand and communicate complex, technical/engineering issues to drive rapid development cycles. - Identify and resolve conflicts, interdependencies, and program risks quickly and efficiently. Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication. - Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members. Remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity. - Strong presentation and communication skills. Ability to facilitate decision making with senior leadership teams.
Education & Experience
BS in ME/EE/IE degree or equivalent Preferred : MS in ME/EE/IE degree or equivalent
- - Knowledge of display design and process
- - Experience in consumer electronics
- - Experience working with off-shore suppliers and manufacturers
- - A working understanding of high volume manufacturing processes