Motion Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200215291
The CoreMotion Motion & Interaction team has created innovative ways for users to interact with their devices through motion. When you play games by simply moving your devices, use the compass to find your way, or track your workouts on an Apple Watch, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. Join CoreMotion and work with the people who have created the sensor fusion technologies and motion gestures that power games, augmented reality, health, fitness and numerous other features on Apple's devices.
- Strong C++ coding skills (3+ years)
- Solid understanding of algorithm design and data structures
- Strong and intuitive understanding of object-oriented designs
- Experience delivering production code for embedded or real-time systems
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, and attention to detail
In this position, you will be working on motion sensing-related software driving sensor fusion and interactive technologies. Most importantly, you will help ship interactive features that impact millions of users on a daily basis. Roles and responsibilities include designing, implementing and maintaining APIs and algorithms for iOS, watchOS, tvOS, macOS and embedded systems, optimizing implementations for power, memory and performance, and close coordination with multi-disciplinary teams across the company.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, EECS, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Objective-C or Swift is a plus.