Sr. Technical Product Manager, Platforms and Applications, Apple Online Store, WW
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200233265
Do you love to create groundbreaking ideas? Do you enjoy collaborating with coworkers and making lasting connections with others? As part of our Apple Online Store team, you'll help craft a seamless, high-quality digital retail experience for our customers. Join our team, and you'll help Apple make sure our customer's shopping experience is like no other. We are seeking a Sr. Technical Product Manager of Platforms and Applications to join the eCommerce product team. Our ideal candidate has in-depth experience working within large-scale, enterprise eCommerce platforms, to deliver software products that are scalable, and easy to use, including digital content management systems, product information management, and Personalization technologies. This role works across with other product and business teams to craft long-term, future strategies within the systems and applications landscape.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience working on enterprise application platforms and software products (PIM, Syndication, CMS, eDAM)
- Proven ability as an individual contributor to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to attain results across a large, matrixed organization
- Expert in defining, prioritizing and delivering tools, applications and capabilities that support and anticipate our evolving business and processes needs with an ability to see around corners and anticipate technology impacts
- Hands on technical experience with web services architecture, technical integration and large scale technical implementation experience
- Proven ability to establish a shared vision and priorities across organization
- Highly motivated, detail-focused, solutions oriented product professional, with a high level of discernment, natural curiosity and ability to offer new ideas that challenge and transform business processes
- Strong technical acumen and an ability to work closely with engineering partners to devise strategies, solve for complex system interdependencies, build performant and scalable application with solid roadmaps and priorities
- Proven ability to stitch together the big picture on platforms all the way out to the customer, identify cross-functional dependencies, processes and risks across the Apple Online Store divisions and operational teams
- Passionate about the evolution of eCommerce, understanding modern best practices with the foresight to identify emerging trends and impacts
- Have insights into modern interactive design and development standards; appreciate the differences between web-based and native app experiences
- Fluency leveraging data analytics and customer insights to drive roadmapping and to improve features and user experiences
- Highly organized with strong project management skills. Be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems
- Strong communication (verbal and written ) skills and the ability to think critically and on your feet
Proactively recognize and assess complex, long-term, critical platform capabilities to enable flexibility and scalability working across with engineering partners, publishers, merchandisers and other stakeholders Set and measure KPIs to drive product planning and optimization Be the internal user champion as well as the customer champion Drive internal process improvements across operational functions, including reducing manual efforts through automation and integrations Ability to conduct details RFPs, including managing the definition, execution and readouts to the executive team Collaborate with Publishing, Merchandising, Marketing, Design, Engineering and other teams at Apple on new processes to evolve the Online Store Evaluate scalability and extendibility of the product offering and shared components at all times to make sure re-usable components are understood Drive towards data-driven decisions that maintain Apple's values Work cross-functionally with other product teams to ensure roadmaps are aligned and socialized. This is critical. Represent business objectives and product proposals during reviews with executives and manage communications, updates and follow-ups Monitor the health of projects at all times along with the associated risks and implications to timelines; lead the resolution of cross-functional issues Dig into complicated product data structures to identify opportunities for enhancements via automation and re-design. Analyze existing workflow patterns and challenge the status quo in pursuit of efficiency and optimization. Leverage prior experience in enterprise software implementation to overcome hurdles and drive large projects to a successful delivery.
Education & Experience
BA/BS is required, preferably in computer sciences or relevant field. MBA is a plus
- Product managers with engineering backgrounds welcome to apply
- Enterprise eCommerce experience required
- 5+ Product experience with enterprise software products required
- Implementation expertise with commercial PIM and product data syndication systems such as SAP, Stibo Systems, Salsify, Informatica, or Akeneo a plus.
- Experience with affiliate advertising models and demand generation a plus.
- Knowledge of product Search a plus.
- Understanding of queuing systems and publish/subscribe APIs.