The Upstate NY Engineers Training Fund/District 832 will be recruiting two (2) apprentice heavy equipment operators. To be accepted for this training opportunity, applicants must:
- Reside in one of the counties of Allegany, Livingston, Monroe, Chemung, Ontario, Schuyler, Steuben, Wayne or Yates County, eastern part of Genesee County, including City of Batavia
- Have obtained a high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Able to pass a substance test
- Must have at least one yr. of trade-related exp. OR must have successfully completed a construction related pre-apprenticeship OR must have successfully completed a construction related training program
Successful applicants must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions and have a positive attitude. They must be willing to work closely with others and take constructive criticism and learn from it. An outstanding work ethic is a must. In exchange for this dedication to their training they will be rewarded with, upon successful completion of their apprenticeship, the opportunity to work in a well-paying job and have the ability to enjoy a good standard of living.
Application packets will be limited to twenty-five (25). Applications will be available starting Friday, May 7, 2021, from 9:00 am – 11:30 am and from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm for 10 business days or until 25 applications have been submitted, whichever comes first. Application packets may be obtained only by applicant in person at the from IUOE Local 158, District 832’s office located at 3174 Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road, Rochester, NY 14623. For further information, telephone 585-272-9890.
The Upstate NY Engineers Training and Apprenticeship Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.