Friday, March 26, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for developing forecasting and budgeting revenue models, creating KPI and metric based reporting, and presenting actionable data analysis which will help drive Digital sales and marketing strategy. This position will work closely with the Marketing, Strategy and Data Intelligence teams to compile, consolidate, and analyze data to support decision-making and executive presentations.
- A successful candidate takes initiative and uses a structured, analytical approach to problem solving and looks for process improvement opportunities. Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment and exhibit a will to track down data
- Financial Planning & Analysis - prepares and communicates Print and Digital financial and business analyses (i.e. revenue, volume, and expense budgeting, forecasting, weekly and monthly results, variance analysis, rates and pricing analysis)
- Data Analysis Excel power user (pivot tables, v-lookups, advanced IF statements), SAP (BPC), Adobe Analytics, SQL preferred but not required, automation experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to manipulate large amounts of data from disparate sources and ensure accuracy and integrity of sales and financial numbers.
- Provides financial analysis and modeling for existing product changes and new product roll outs, leveraging historical sales and traffic data to make financial projections.
- Provides pricing analysis on sale offers to optimize both subscriber volume and overall revenue.
- Works with outside consulting firm to understand the existing digital subscriber base and identify groups of subscribers for price increases. Communicate results to business leaders.
- Communicates effectively and can build and present findings to management.
- Develops, recommends, and implements ideas and projects that will result in improved efficiency, productivity, quality, and operational savings.
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Finance & Accounting