Friday, March 26, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
The Courier Journal / courierjournal.com, an award-winning news site in Louisville, Kentucky, and part of the USA TODAY Network, has an opening for a planner to manage the delivery of content to our digital team and print platforms.
This person would oversee print and digital planning, programming and production for Louisville and work with a regional team that serves other news sites in the Midwest.
In this role, the planner will lead print scheduling and work in concert with designers to produce high-quality print editions. This person will also act as a project manager, working with newsroom leadership on daily and major projects to maximize content exposure across all platforms.
This opening gives you the opportunity to work in Kentuckys largest, most ambitious newsroom, which was awarded a 2020 Pulitzer Prize in breaking news.
The Courier Journal is one of the largest newsrooms in the USA TODAY Network and is an 11-time Pulitzer Prize-winning news organization in a metro area known for its nationally recognized chefs and restaurants; vibrant music scene, including the Forecastle music festival; world-class bourbon distilleries; and Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby. The quality of life is sky-high and the cost of living is impressively low.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong core journalism skills (reporting, producing and editing)
- Proven ability to work quickly, independently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of emerging audience analytic tools as well as existing tools such as Google Analytics and Parse.ly and the ability to interpret and apply such data
- Advanced understanding of various news and information content management systems
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
- Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
- This role will include night and weekend work.
Qualified candidates should include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying. Application only allows for one document upload, so please combine your materials. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check and/or drug screen.
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.