Module System Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200232903
As a Module System Engineering Program Manager within Apple's Special Projects Group organization, you will be responsible for working with the cross functional engineering team to deliver complex Compute and Control modules. You will drive the program from requirements and architecture definition, through design, build, bring up, verification, and validation; while ensuring the design is optimized for performance, cost, timing and scalability. You will also be responsible for setting up program schedules and budgets. An ideal candidate would be comfortable with ambiguity and excited to develop, drive and ship ground breaking new technologies and products.
- 6+ combined experience in electrical engineering and project management
- Architecture and design experience in compute, microcontroller or network integrated systems
- In-depth experience working with EE, SW and Mechanical engineering teams
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development processes of complex integrated systems
- Ability to establish project milestones, goals, objectives and schedules for the cross functional teams as well as drive execution.
- Proven track record of driving project execution and meeting deliverables
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Experience interfacing with operations team, suppliers and contractors
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Strong engineering / technical background
Drive integrated compute and controller module system development and define scope of work for cross functional engineering teams and suppliers Develop a strategic plan for compute and controller module development Drive execution of requirements, architecture, design, build, bring up and verification phases of the program Responsible for ensuring HW design releases and builds are executed with the CM or suppliers, integrating their deliverables and schedules into project Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks related to the module system Coordinate project reviews; communicating project status and top engineering issues to project team and management
Education & Experience
BS Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent required. MS preferred.