Wallet, Payments & Commerce Cross-Functional Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 26, 2021
Role Number: 200234294
The Wallet, Commerce & Payments team is looking for an experienced project manager to drive Wallet, Commerce projects. Our team delivers both server side and client iOS solutions for Wallet, Commerce & Payments programs and works closely with server & client engineering, third party integration partners and other backend systems. In a fast-paced matrix organization you will need to scope and prepare projects from the beginning across multiple teams, handle documentation, effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, and drive continuous improvement. The payment arena and digitization of wallet content is an exciting space, this is an extraordinary opportunity to work on the team that powers Apple payment services!
- Results oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels whilst taking account of interdependencies at higher levels.
- Understanding of the software development cycle including implementation of project management using proven techniques.
- Strong background in system implementation project management using effective software development techniques.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels
- Oversee complex schedules of multiple streams of work and strong facilitation skills (design, problem resolution, progress, status meetings and the like)
- Ability to negotiate creative solution to complex problems
- Be an effective decision maker, balancing the risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple
- Data analysis experience.
- Successful track record of technical and engineering project delivery.
- Experience in the wireless industry or knowledge of cellular technologies or mobile payment solutions will be a strong benefit.
We are looking for a seasoned Project Manager with a consistent record. You will need to have hands on experience managing software releases through the entire lifecycle process. You will be ready to work in partnership with product owners to drive the right results. You have keen abilities to motivate 3rd party partners, work in unison with them and deliver results that meet Apple standards. - Lead multiple, varying scope cross-functional projects, providing project leadership and daily management through end to end project life cycle. - Handle server integration aspects directly with one or more third party integration partners - Support integration with client applications throughout Apple - Lead all aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope and definition - this may include development of detailed project requirements in areas such as operations or finance. - Manage cross-functional business and operational requirements and expectations with realistic project plans. - Actively seek out and resolve cross-functional and business issues. - Assist management in assessing and prioritizing projects. - Actively seek problem resolutions. - Support internal and external groups. - Analyze data and report to management and others. - Build a positive relationship with cross-functional internal organizations. - Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions.
Education & Experience
Preferred BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent