Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
Implement and support cost-effective automated methods of testing and troubleshooting printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs). This test equipment consists of electrical, electronic, mechanical measurement and controls, mechanical fixtures and test software which are used in global manufacturing facilities to produce Rockwell Automation products. The Test Engineer will actively work with the global and local plant environments in collaboration with design teams to achieve optimum product and test equipment designs for manufacturability. Works on issues of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Implement continuous improvement, error proofing, ergonomics, yield, and other lean manufacturing initiatives for test equipment and processes.
- Assist with development of standardized work practices, documentation maintenance, and operator training for all test related processes.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools for test equipment qualification, test system problem solving, and identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Understand documentation on all aspects of the test solution.
- Manufacturing Test Plan
- Test specification
- Test coverage
- Assist with scheduling/performing timely preventative maintenance for all test equipment. Provide guidance with calibration schedules and/or requirements for test instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot test equipment solutions in the production environment.
- Responsible for identifying/maintaining spare parts inventory.
- Provide guidance for product repair processes and other troubleshooting tools and guides for tester/product repair.
- Provides manufacturing technical support assisting in troubleshooting test systems to resolve crisis downtime situations in Rockwell Automation plants.
- Participate in projects that will enable the plants to meet annual productivity goals and reduce/eliminate safety and ergonomic risk in the manufacturing work environment.
- Participate in the procurement, installation and validation activities with test equipment targeted for the manufacturing production.
- Ability to debug, modify, and troubleshoot test software and hardware using the In-Circuit and Flying Probe standard test platforms to provide a robust, reliable and repeatable manufacturing test system.
- Demonstrates competency to develop and debug complex test approaches such as Boundary Scan, processor-controlled testing, cluster testing, and device programming using ICT test systems.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).