Landfill Operator I
Summit County, located in Utah, is seeking a full-time Landfill Operator to perform working level skilled tasks in the operation and service of all associated equipment and tools needed to construct, operate, maintain, or repair county landfill sites, including operating heavy duty trucks for hauling roll-off bins, and other solid waste related trucks. Performs a variety of first line public contact duties as needed to authorize public admittance into county transfer station; monitors waste to assure compliance with facility regulations. Works under the general supervision of the Public Works Solid Waste Superintendent. May hire a Landfill Operator I or II depending on submitted qualifications and experience.
Salary Range: $18.02 - $25.25/hr.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in operation and maintenance of light to heavy duty equipment or and equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid CDL-Class B issued by your state of residence.
- Must be able to comply with applicable county and departmental policies and safety standards.
- Must complete 40 hour hazardous waste course within six (6) months from date of hire.
Landfill Operator II
Salary Range: $19.11 - $26.75/hr.
Minimum Qualifications: Please follow the link below to view.
We offer a generous benefit package with options for a premium free health plan, dental plan, and life insurance. We also provide State of Utah retirement, sick leave, parental leave, and vacation pay.
We are a drug free workplace conducting pre-employment drug testing. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women, minorities, and the disabled to apply.
To view the full job description(s) and to fill out our application, please go to https://www.summitcounty.org/246/Human-Resources > click on "Career Center"
Job closes 4/7/2021
(Best to use Google Chrome to apply)