The primary roles for this position will be to deliver conservation assistance to land occupiers, deliver information and education programs, and to complete conservation related technical activities to support SWCD projects. A successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing priorities, work individually and in a team setting, develop and implement projects and programs on one's own initiative, and have an attention to detail.@13@
$43,000 - $50,000 per year starting salary depending on experience and qualifications.
Health Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Retirement, and Minnesota Deferred Compensation Program applied according to South St. Louis SWCD policies.
Travel Required. Weekend and Evening work required occasionally.
1. This position requires a degree in a natural resources or physical science related field.
2. Effective oral communication, written communication, computer, and problem-solving skills.
3. Ability to work with ArcView, paper maps, and physical filing and record systems, as well as with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and computerized communications and
4. Knowledge and experience with forestry concepts, natural resources management, and native plants
5. Knowledge and experience with information and education concepts.
6. Knowledge of DNR Waters Permitting.
7. Knowledge of grant and project management procedures.
8. Knowledge and Experience with sampling protocols for surface water quality parameters.
9. Must be willing to work long hours in varied conditions and terrain. Must be willing to stay overnight and travel on limited duration trips throughout Northeast Minnesota. Must
be willing and able to carry 50 lbs. over uneven terrain.
10. Requires a Class D Driver's License: a single unit vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic driver's license.
11. Requires occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes and heavy hand tools or heavier materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light objects frequently. Even though the weights being lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category may require walking or standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls
Click "apply" for full job description & instructions on how to apply