Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team.
At Gannett, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity are core pillars of our organization and influence all that we do. We foster an environment that lifts all voices and welcomes everyone to take part in our journey into the future where every employee is heard, respected, and given an equal opportunity to thrive.
Business Development Associate - Licensing
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an experienced ecommerce hire to join us as a full-time Business Development Associate for selling and managing ecommerce and licensing partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the affiliate and ecommerce industry and informed opinions on whoand whyto partner with certain brands and retailers. Youll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping partnerships in Tech, Lifestyle, Home & Appliances, Parenting, and Health & Wellness. Youll have a chance to work with the most popular brands and share your recommendations across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires sales experience and a deep understanding of and passion for the ecommerce and shopping industry. The position also requires experience and knowledge of licensing and advertising, and familiarity with affiliate marketing.
The ideal candidate has several years of experience working on sales and performance marketing and can thrive in a metrics-driven organization with a focus on ecommerce.
Youll be a partner on a growing team of managers focused on driving revenue and sales from new partnerships, retailers, and licensing deals. Youll work and sell directly to brands, merchants, retailers and more to implement new partnerships and sales opportunities. Youll build relationships with key partners in order to stay informed on industry developments and sales opportunities. Youll recruit new brands and partners to help achieve our vision for the business.
The Business Development Associate role reports to the Senior Director of Business Development and preferably works in our editorial office in Cambridge, MA or from our corporate headquarters in New York City, NY. Remote employees will be considered.
- Selling of strategic licensing partnerships with brands across all relevant categories (Tech, Lifestyle, Home & Appliances, Finance, Parenting, Cooking, Health & Wellness.)
- Manage daily outreach and sales efforts and monitoring of goals and affiliate objectives.
- Launch, monitor, track all licensing deals and optimize and upsell existing partners.
- Research and scope any new potential expansion sales packages by building business cases and financial models to assess opportunities.
- Network and engage with others in the affiliate and ecommerce space in order to stay on top of market developments.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience working in affiliate marketing or ecommerce industry.
- Deep understanding of the ecommerce industry, evolving landscape, along with paid marketing and sales experience.
- Competitive drive and comfortability selling partnerships and licensing packages.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Affiliate platforms experience is a plus (Skimlinks, CJ, Rakuten, Impact, etc.).
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Office work takes place in an open-floor-plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether youre onsite or remote, youll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. Thats where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.