Location: Ferndale, WA
Salary Range: $75,000 to $95,000, DOE
Excellent Benefit Package
Plan, manage and/or provide staff support for District capital and maintenance projects; assist with the selection of contractors and consultants; coordinate activities of contractors and District staff in completing maintenance, repair and improvements to the District's water and electric utility systems or other District facilities.
- Project Management of and/or provide support for planning, design and implementation of District capital improvement projects or maintenance projects involving the District’s electric, fiber and water facilities.
- Assist in preparation of construction bidding documents, plans and specifications. Complete project documents, including but not limited to, advertisements, notices of award and/or to proceed, contracts, pay requests, and change orders, NOC’s, RFI’s, submittals and other required for financial tracking and audit compliance of District projects.
- Assist in the compilation, analysis, and review of data to be utilized in preparing project budgets or construction estimates for District maintenance and capital projects.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of various permit applications, checklists, impact statements or funding applications, or other studies and reports as required for project scope or regulatory agencies.
- Represent the District at various hearings and public meetings as they pertain to project improvements or operations of the District’s utility systems.
- Directly inspect or assist with field inspections of District maintenance or capital improvement projects.
- Assist with the preparation of the District’s annual operations and capital improvements budget.
- Support other District operations staff in identifying, analyzing and prioritizing preventive and corrective maintenance and items related to District facilities.
- Manages development of a comprehensive GIS map and database of all District properties, easements, utilities, and facilities. Utilize current GPS technology for collection of field data. Integrate data into GIS mapping and produce District maps available to all staff.
- Utilize Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) skills to both supplement the GIS mapping effort, and to assist efficient planning, estimating and designing of capital and maintenance projects.
- Perform other administrative duties such as preparing project recommendations and action memorandums for the District’s Commission and providing staff support during public hearings and Commission meetings.
- Have a basic understanding of local, state and federal environmental regulations, as they may pertain to the District’s capital and maintenance projects.
- Have the willingness and ability to work with and coordinate activities among property owners, the District and other agencies on permitting and projects as needed.
- Must be available to supervise and/or work routine and non-routine shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and other periods as required during the District’s operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.