Monday, March 29, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
As a Senior analyst on our Marketing Analytics team, youll have a key role in helping our team hit aggressive retention goals tied to growing our digital subscriber base and retaining our print customers.
The Retention Analyst will play a key role in the development and reporting of churn related insights by coordinating, extracting and analyzing customer churn and customer behavior related data. This role will work with and manage through large complex data sets and turn that data into key statistics and trends that will drive actionable insights for the business. The reports and presentations prepared by this role will answer business questions for internal customers focused on retention, churn, revenue, customer growth and customer behavior.
- Own retention analysis (one of our top 3 company priority metrics) to frame the health of the business, track the success of our initiatives, and distill insights into a clear and compelling narrative.
- Leads regular reporting and analysis on key customer statistics such as voluntary, non-pay, subscriber engagement, etc. and elevates the strategic implications from your insights to make sure we're making the right decisions for the business and our customers
- Provides detailed analysis of all churn related reports, cutting the data by multiple variables to uncover trends and insights
- Provide performance tracking and analysis of trends vs plan
- Analyzes and identifies trends or anomalies, developing findings into reports and presenting findings
- Partner with our larger Data Intelligence and Marketing Operations team members to design the analytical and data framework to identify retention reporting improvement opportunities, and help the team drive/track performance
- Work with cross functional teams of print and digital retention Marketing and Product managers, Data Intelligence and Marketing Operations, 3rd party providers, and other internal stakeholders
- Communicates effectively and can build and present findings to management
- Substantial database querying using front and backend tools in order to acquire data necessary for analytical needs
- Leverages data from all aspects of the organization to uncover impact to churn (including NPS, customer sat and loyalty, brand health, product performance/customer experience, competitive intelligence and syndicated industry research trends), etc.
- Bachelors degree in business analytics or data science preferred
- 5+ years of data analysis experience (Marketing analytics a plus)
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze data, decipher trends, and develop and explain the story behind the numbers
- Data Analysis Excel power user (pivot tables, v-lookups, advanced IF statements), Google Analytics, SQL preferred but not required, automation experience preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau (or other relevant tools)
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, very collaborative and environment
- Must possess a keen analytical mindset and high capability to plan, organize and prioritize work - balancing resources, skills and priorities to achieve success.
- Highly driven self-starter, motivated, and detail oriented
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.