Incident Manager, Apple Pay
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 29, 2021
Role Number: 200234883
With strong collaborative skills, you will work alongside a team of SREs, Developers, and business partners within and outside of our organization, with the express goal of rapid incident resolution, while presenting progress and status to partners. You will be encouraged to communicate the status of the event both internally and externally, influence technical specialists and various executives, and be the single point of contact for the incident. The Incident Manager must excel at situational appraisal, problem analysis, troubleshooting methodologies and have the authority and confidence to demand actions from various teams.
- As you will often be working in high pressure situations with executives through to technicians, strong communication, partner management and relationship leadership skills are essential. Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Drive incident management methodology. Experience with designing and implementing incident management processes
- End-to-End owner of the management, communication, partner concern, investigation and resolution of incidents; ensuring updates are timely and of sufficient quality
- Working cross-functionally (internally and externally) to arrange offline discussions and provide key updates as the need arises
- Create and manage escalation paths and trees with partners; upstream, downstream, internal and external to our organization
- Maintain strong relationships with counterparts in aforementioned organizations; in the spirit of continuing optimization of processes
- Employ strong facilitation and leadership skills, ensuring responding team members execute required actions under pressure; call out as appropriate when progress appears blocked.
- Keeping the incident documentation accurate and up to date with the appropriate tools for review in the retrospective meetings
- Proactive analysis of trends in incident and problem reports to assist in eliminating recurring incidents
During service outage events the Incident Manager would be expected to perform the following: - Experience and knowledge of major incident management processes - Broad knowledge and understanding of development, deployment, production operations and networking concepts - Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across technical and business teams - Ability to work efficiently under pressure with minimal supervision - Able to work effectively with all levels in an organization - Demonstrated conflict and situation management skills - Familiarity of ITIL lifecycle and Agile methodologies preferred - Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience recommended - Ability to work non-standard hours including weekends and holidays, as required.
Education & Experience